RANCANGAN KEBUDAYAAN (1 UNIT FOR 1 SEMESTER)
- WCC103 – Catan Asas
- WCC105 – Gamelan
- WCC107 – Gitar
- WCC108 – Jazz Band 1
- WCC208 – Jazz Band 2
- WCC308 – Jazz Band 3
- WCC109 – Koir
- WCC110 – Kraftangan
- WCC115 – Tarian Moden
- WCC116 – Tarian Tradisional
- WCC117 – Teater Moden
- WCC118 – Wayang Kulit Melayu
- WCC119 – Senaman Qigong Asas
- WCC219 – Senaman Qigong Pertengahan
- WCC120 – Canting Batik
- WCC121 – Seni Khat
- WCC122 – Seni Memasak
- WCC123 – Silat Cekak Malaysia 1
- WCC223 – Silat Cekak Malaysia 2
- WCC323 – Silat Cekak Malaysia 3
- WCC124 – Kompang Berlagu
- WCC125 – Seni Wau Tradisional
- WCC128 – Kraftangan (Sulaman)
- WCC130 – Seni Fotografi SLR Digital
- WSU101 – Isu Kelestarian
- WEC101 – Pengucapan Awam
RANCANGAN SUKAN (1 UNIT FOR 1 SEMESTER)
- WSC105 – Bola Tampar
- WSC106 – Golf
- WSC108 – Karate 1
- WSC208 – Karate 2
- WSC308 – Karate 3
- WSC110 – Memanah
- WSC111 – Ping Pong
- WSC112 – Renang
- WSC113 – Senamrobik
- WSC114 – Skuasy
- WSC115 – Taekwondo 1
- WSC215 – Taekwondo 2
- WSC315 – Taekwondo 3
- WSC116 – Tenis
- WSC119 – Badminton
- WSC122 – Selaman Scuba
- WSC123 – Kriket
- WSC124 – Sepak Takraw
- WSC125 – Futsal
- WSC126 – Bola Jaring
- WSC127 – Pengurusan Acara 1
- WSC227 – Pengurusan Acara 2
Rancangan Pakaian Beruniform Bersenjata (PACKAGED WITH 6 UNITS FOR 6 SEMESTERS)
- Palapes Tentera Darat
WTD102 – Palapes Tentera Darat Peringkat Rendah
WTD202 – Palapes Tentera Darat Peringkat Pertengahan
WTD302 – Palapes Tentera Darat Peringkat Tinggi
- Palapes Tentera Laut
WTL102 – Palapes Tentera Laut Peringkat Rendah
WTL202 – Palapes Tentera Laut Peringkat Pertengahan
WTL302 – Palapes Tentera Laut Peringkat Tinggi
- Palapes Tentera Udara
WTU102 – Palapes Tentera Udara Peringkat Rendah
WTU202 – Palapes Tentera Udara Peringkat Peertengahan
WTU302 – Palapes Tentera Udara Peringkat Tinggi
- Suksis (KOR Sukarelawan Polis Siswa / Siswi)
WPD101 – Suksis Peringkat Rendah
WPD201 – Suksis Peringkat Pertengahan
WPD301 – Suksis Peringkat Tinggi
RANCANGAN PAKAIAN BERUNIFORM TANPA SENJATA (PACKAGED WITH 4 UNITS FOR 4 SEMESTERS)
- Kumpulan Latihan Kelanasiswa Malaysia
WLK102 – Latihan Kelanasiswa Malaysia Peringkat Pertama
WLK202 – Latihan Kelanasiswa Malaysia Peringkat Kedua
- Pasukan Ambulans St. John
WJA102 – PasukanAmbulans St. John I
WJA202 – PasukanAmbulans St. John II
- Pasukan Bantuan Kecemasan Bulan Sabit Merah
WBM102 – Latihan Bantuan Kecemasan Bulan Sabit Merah Peringkat Pertama
WBM202 – Latihan Bantuan Kecemasan Bulan Sabit Merah Peringkat Kedua
- SISPA (Siswa / Siswi Pertahanan Awam Malaysia)
WPA102 – Sispa Peringkat I
WPA202 – Sispa Peringkat II
- Rancangan Khidmat Masyarakat
WKM102 – Khidmat Komuniti
WKM202 – Khidmat Komuniti
Sources: Pusat Rancangan Ko-Kurikulum Official Website http://kok.usm.my/
What is MyCSD?
Continuous Student Development Program (MyCSD) is a program that specifically designed to give recognition to student involvement through student development program that they joined during their whole academic calendar and recorded in a systematic and sustainable continuous pattern.
Uses of MyCSD
- Co-curricular transcript
- Selection hostel
Advantages of MyCSD
- Recognition by the university for student activities in a systematic and efficient
- Students will have specific activities transcript to support the development of soft skills of students that can be adopted after graduated in the work field.
- To differentiate USM graduates from other institutions specifically for the convenience and value of the employer.
- Academics (Akademik) – a degree program at respective school
- Compulsory core (Teras Wajib) – join PIMPIN SISWA or HIMPUN
- Generic components (Komponen Generik) – Recognition on the participation of students in soft skills program organized bay Societies, Clubs, Associations, Hostels or other bodies recognized by the university
9 Core Soft Skills (Generic Component)
- Invention and innovation
- Community Service
- Debate & Speech
- MyCSD Record of all students will be recorded electronically in student activities system with the support of Pusat Pengetahuan Komputer & Teknologi (PPKT).
- All activities in the Eight core soft skills will be recorded in the system of existing activities
- Students can monitor their progress and achievement MyCSD online through Healthy Campus – Campus Online http://campusonline.usm.my
MyCSD and Hostel Application
All students are encouraged to participate in activities at the hostel, clubs / associations, universities and national level to earn points needed to increase the added value of each student’s achievement after graduating. All records will be displayed in the student involvement transcript of non-academic activities (non-Academic Transcript).
Summary of MyCSD
- Is the individual information for all activities undertaken in whole academic calendar.
- Record all student activities throughout the academic calendar in the system [My-activity].
- Are all registered activities with fixed point given out.
- Give points and added value to the hostel application.
Application hostel for the next session academic calendar can be done online through the web when notice of the application was issued.
MyCSD high points accumulated in each academic calendar will increase the percentage of selected students to stay in the hostel.
CONTINUOUS STUDENT DEVELOPMENT [MYCSD]: A NEW EDUCATIVE APPROACH IN RECOGNIZING STUDENT’S ACHIEVEMENT – UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA EXPERIENCE
Parallel with the advancement of the globalization era, the national educational revolution plays a very crucial part to prepare the Malaysian educational standard to achieve a global standard and to compete in the international arena. In order to become a global educational hub, the Malaysian educational standard must be recognized internationally.
The educational system must be able to carry out its function as a catalyst to produce human resource with soft skills aside from their specialization. The obvious weakness of most graduates is the lack of a good self image and soft skill as required by the employers in the competitive job market. In order to overcome those problems, USM has introduced a holistic approach to emphasize on the soft skill model thought their student development program.
Continuous Student Development [MyCSD] is one of the such Talent Management program among students. This model was formulated in such way in order to produce versatile graduates with all the necessary skills to face future challenges. The activities planned for those students while they are on the campus both academic and non academic will receive a proper recognition. So, this paper attempt to give an overall description of the MyCSD model practiced in Universiti Sains Malaysia [USM] that covers both academic and co-curriculum activities.
N. Zainun, R. Hamid, N. Ismail, K.E. Abd Halim (2010) CONTINUOUS STUDENT DEVELOPMENT [MYCSD]: A NEW EDUCATIVE APPROACH IN RECOGNIZING STUDENT’S ACHIEVEMENT – UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA EXPERIENCE, ICERI2010 Proceedings, pp. 4257-4262.