List of Societies & Clubs Registered in Main Campus, USM
- Students Representative Council (Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar MPP)
PERSATUAN ANAK NEGERI
- Anak Negeri – GAPP Gabungan Anak Pulau Pinang
- Anak Negeri – PERDAMA Perkumpulan Siswa/i Pahang
- Anak Negeri – PERMATA Perkumpulan Terengganu
- Anak Negeri – PERMAS Perkumpulan Selangor & WP
- Anak Negeri – AMLIS Anak Negeri Perlis
- Anak Negeri – PERKASA Perkumpulan Anak Sarawak
- Anak Negeri – HAAK Himpunan Anak-Anak Kelantan
- Anak Negeri – IKMAR Ikatan Mahasiswa/i Johor
- Anak Negeri – KAKUSMA Kumpulan Anak-Anak Kedah
- Anak Negeri – KUSISDARI Kumpulan Siswa/i Perak
- Anak Negeri – PURNAMA Perkumpulan Anak Melaka
- Anak Negeri – PEMANIS Perkumpulan Anak Negeri Sembilan
- Anak Negeri – PERSIS Perkumpulan Siswa/i Sabah
PERSATUAN SAINS (SCIENCE SOCIETIES)
- Persatuan Sains Farmasi
- Persatuan Sains Fizik
- Persatuan Sains Kajihayat
- Persatuan Sains Kimia
- Persatuan Sains Matematik
- Persatuan Sains Komputer
- Persatuan Sains Tek. Industri
- Persatuan Perumahan, Bangunan dan Perancangan
- Kelab Astronomi USM
SENI PERTAHANAN DIRI (MARTIAL ARTS)
- Kelab Kung Fu
- Kelab Taekwando WTF USM*
- Persatuan Seni Silat Cekak Malaysia*
- Kelab Karate*
AGAMA (RELIGIOUS BODIES)
- Persatuan Pelajar Buddhist
- Persatuan Mahasiswa Katolik
- Persatuan Navigator
- Persatuan Pelajar Sikh
- Persatuan Persaudaraan Kristian Agape (PKA)
- Kelab Alam Sekitar
- Kelab Antropologi dan Sosialogi
- Kelab Arkeologi
- Kelab Bridge & Catur
- Kelab Ekonomi
- Kelab Geografi
- Kelab Kebajikan St. John Ambulans M’sia
- Kelab Kerja Sosial
- Kelab Kebajikan Rancangan Khidmat Masyarakat*
- Kelab Pemadamdan Sekretariat Warga Sejahtera
- Kelab Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya
- Kelab Penyayang (USM Chapter)
- Kelab Perdamaian (KeDAMAI-USM)
- Kelab Rekreasi Palapes Laut*
- Kelab Palapes Tentera Darat (Palapes)*
- Kelab Sains Politik (Kespol)
- Kelab Sejarah
- Kelab Terjemahan & Inter. (BATI)
- Kelab Rekreasi Universiti (KRU)
- Kelab Fotografi
- Kelab Sastera
- Kelab Perancangan Pengurusan Pembangunan
- Persatuan Bahasa Inggeris
- Persatuan AIESEC
- Persatuan Bahasa Jepun
- Persatuan Bulan Sabit Merah*
- Persatuan Golden Key International Honour Society
- Persatuan Pelajar Ilmu Kemanusiaan
- Persatuan Ilmu Pendidikan
- Persatuan Komunikasi (PERKOM)
- Persatuan Kor Suksis USM*
- Kumpulan Latihan Kelanasiswa Malaysia*
- Persatuan Pengurusan
- Persatuan Perakaunan
- Persatuan Seni
- Persatuan Rancangan Khidmat Masyarakat (Rancangan Khidmat Komuniti)*
- Persatuan Bahasa Melayu (PBM USM)
- Persatuan Mahasiswa Islam (PMI)
- Persatuan Bahasa Tionghua (PBT)
- Persatuan Kebudayaan India (PKI)
- Persatuan Debatdan Perucapan Umum
- Pergerakan Perkhidmat Masyarakat (PPM)
MAJLIS PENGHUNI DESASISWA (RESIDENTIAL COUNCIL)
- MPD Indah Kembara
- MPD Bakti Permai Cahaya Gemilang
- MPD Aman Damai Fajar Harapan
- MPD Restu
- MPD Saujana
- MPD Tekun
- PETAS (Pelajar Tanpa Asrama)
KELAB / SEKRETARIAT (SECRETARIATS)
- Sekretariat Kebudayaan & Kesenian Tionghua USM (SKKT) (CNY) (Tanglung)
- Sekretariat Rakan Muda
- Sekretariat Pencegah Rasuah
- Sekretariat Green Lung
- Sekretariat Permaufakatan Siswa/Felda (PERSADA)
- Sekretariat PG Undergraduate Community Service (PUCS)
- Sekretariat Kumpulan Kesenian ADIKARMA
- Sekretariat Orkestra Cina
- Sekretariat Kesukarelawan
- Sekretariat Sinar Perpaduandan Rukun Negara
- Kumpulan Nasyid USM
- Kelab Usahawanan USM
- Sekretariat Sahabat Perkim
- Kelab Integriti USM
- Sekretariat 1Malaysia
- Dewan Perniagaan Siswa (DPS)
- SIFE USM
- Kelab Pengguna
Student who join any of club and society listed above with (*) which is under co-curricular program able to obtain ‘unit’ and also MyCSD if they active in organizing or joining any program under the club or society.
For club and society without (*), the student is allowed to join and hold up position in order to gain MyCSD. Different club, and society will have different rules and regulations of recruiting new members, please contact them directly if you wish or interested to join them.
Source: Sektor Pembangunan Pelajar, USM
What is MyCSD?
Continuous Student Development Program (MyCSD) is a program that specifically designed to give recognition to student involvement through student development program that they joined during their whole academic calendar and recorded in a systematic and sustainable continuous pattern.
Uses of MyCSD
- Co-curricular transcript
- Selection hostel
Advantages of MyCSD
- Recognition by the university for student activities in a systematic and efficient
- Students will have specific activities transcript to support the development of soft skills of students that can be adopted after graduated in the work field.
- To differentiate USM graduates from other institutions specifically for the convenience and value of the employer.
- Academics (Akademik) – a degree program at respective school
- Compulsory core (Teras Wajib) – join PIMPIN SISWA or HIMPUN
- Generic components (Komponen Generik) – Recognition on the participation of students in soft skills program organized bay Societies, Clubs, Associations, Hostels or other bodies recognized by the university
9 Core Soft Skills (Generic Component)
- Invention and innovation
- Community Service
- Debate & Speech
- MyCSD Record of all students will be recorded electronically in student activities system with the support of Pusat Pengetahuan Komputer & Teknologi (PPKT).
- All activities in the Eight core soft skills will be recorded in the system of existing activities
- Students can monitor their progress and achievement MyCSD online through Healthy Campus – Campus Online http://campusonline.usm.my
MyCSD and Hostel Application
All students are encouraged to participate in activities at the hostel, clubs / associations, universities and national level to earn points needed to increase the added value of each student’s achievement after graduating. All records will be displayed in the student involvement transcript of non-academic activities (non-Academic Transcript).
Summary of MyCSD
- Is the individual information for all activities undertaken in whole academic calendar.
- Record all student activities throughout the academic calendar in the system [My-activity].
- Are all registered activities with fixed point given out.
- Give points and added value to the hostel application.
Application hostel for the next session academic calendar can be done online through the web when notice of the application was issued.
MyCSD high points accumulated in each academic calendar will increase the percentage of selected students to stay in the hostel.
CONTINUOUS STUDENT DEVELOPMENT [MYCSD]: A NEW EDUCATIVE APPROACH IN RECOGNIZING STUDENT’S ACHIEVEMENT – UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA EXPERIENCE
Parallel with the advancement of the globalization era, the national educational revolution plays a very crucial part to prepare the Malaysian educational standard to achieve a global standard and to compete in the international arena. In order to become a global educational hub, the Malaysian educational standard must be recognized internationally.
The educational system must be able to carry out its function as a catalyst to produce human resource with soft skills aside from their specialization. The obvious weakness of most graduates is the lack of a good self image and soft skill as required by the employers in the competitive job market. In order to overcome those problems, USM has introduced a holistic approach to emphasize on the soft skill model thought their student development program.
Continuous Student Development [MyCSD] is one of the such Talent Management program among students. This model was formulated in such way in order to produce versatile graduates with all the necessary skills to face future challenges. The activities planned for those students while they are on the campus both academic and non academic will receive a proper recognition. So, this paper attempt to give an overall description of the MyCSD model practiced in Universiti Sains Malaysia [USM] that covers both academic and co-curriculum activities.
N. Zainun, R. Hamid, N. Ismail, K.E. Abd Halim (2010) CONTINUOUS STUDENT DEVELOPMENT [MYCSD]: A NEW EDUCATIVE APPROACH IN RECOGNIZING STUDENT’S ACHIEVEMENT – UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA EXPERIENCE, ICERI2010 Proceedings, pp. 4257-4262.