INFORMATION ON SCHOLARSHIP
The TAN SRI LEE LOY SENG FOUNDATION is an educational foundation which among other charitable activities, award scholarships to Malaysian students irrespective of their race and religion. The scholarship is tenable for the period laid down for the course of study leading to a first degree in local institutions of higher learning and will be offered on a year-to-year basis based on successful results obtained annually.
VALUE OF EACH SCHOLARSHIP
The value of each scholarship shall be RM5,500.00 per academic year for diploma courses and between RM8,000.00 to RM9,500.00 per academic year for first degree courses, depending on the course taken.
APPLICANTS MUST :-
• Be a Malaysian citizen and resident.
• Show financial need for the scholarship support.
• Fulfill the academic and other conditions required in taking up a place at one of the local universities or colleges.
• Obtain good academic results for Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
• Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.80 and above for undergraduates who are currently studying in local colleges / universities.
• Not holding a scholarship / study loan from any other organization.
When considering each application, the Management Committee of the Foundation will take into account not only the applicant’s financial position and academic achievements but also :-
• Attributes which indicate that the applicant is likely to become an outstanding citizen.
• Personal qualities and character and the extent to which the applicant has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities.
• Achievements in non-curricular activities including sports.
• Community involvements and activities.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applications for scholarship from the Foundation shall be opened from now until 15 September 2017. All Applications for scholarship must be made on the appropriate forms obtainable from :-
Tan Sri Lee Loy Seng Foundation
39 Persiaran Zarib 1
Taman Pinji Mewah
Perak Darul Ridzuan
(B) Wisma Taiko
1 Jalan S P Seenivasagam
Perak Darul Ridzuan
(C) By sending a self-addressed, stamped (RM0.70 stamp) envelope to Address (A).
All completed application forms should reach Address (A), not later than 15 September 2017.
2. Application forms are also obtainable HERE and also can obtainable from the Office of the Bahagian Hal Ehwal Pembangunan Pelajar & Alumni of the Main/ Branch Campuses of Universiti Sains Malaysia.
3. Please read and understand fully, the instructions on the front page of the application form before you attempt to fill the form.
4. Short-listed applicants are required to attend a personal interview. Any applicant who has not been invited for an interview should be considered unsuccessful.